Health education important in daily lifestyle
In the modern era, if any aspect of human life is being negatively affected by indiscriminate mechanization, industrialization, and urbanization, then that is health. Health has the highest place in human life.
It is impossible to imagine a healthy and productive life without good health, that is, if a man’s body is healthy, then he can experience all the pleasures of the world. Where has it been? ‘The first happiness is a healthy body’.
There is also a saying in English – “Health is Wealth”. Health is not created by taking medicines but through factors such as good nutrition, a healthy environment, prevention of diseases, regular exercise, etc.
For physical health, it is essential to have knowledge of health and its various dimensions and it is also necessary to have knowledge about those exercises, with the help of which treatment of various diseases is possible.
Meaning of Health
Health usually refers to that state of life, in which “a person remains disease-free, his body and mind remain healthy, and his physical and mental functions run smoothly, that is, ‘disease-free condition of the body is not health’.
Rather, a person’s health consists of his complete physical, mental, and emotional well-being. The healthier a person is physically, mentally, and emotionally, the more efficient he will be.
In fact, good health means that he remains free from diseases. Go and keep all the functions of the body well organized.
The following are the definitions of health
1. According to Ayurveda, health is the equal state and balance of Vata, Kapha, and Pitta in the body.
2. According to the World Health Organisation- ‘Health is not only a disease-free state of the body, but a person’s health includes his overall physical, mental and emotional well-being.’
Signs of health Following are the signs of good health and a healthy person.
1. The body weight of a healthy person is in proportion to his body length.
2. Smooth, thick, and shiny hair is also considered a sign of good health.
3. The bone system of a healthy person is well developed.
4. The body temperature of a healthy person is normal (98.4 °F).
5. The muscles of the body of a healthy person are well-developed and well-organized.
6. The skin of a healthy person is soft, smooth, and clean.
7. The face of a healthy person is full, eyes are bright and clean.
8. The breathing rate of a healthy person is normal.
9. All the institutions of a healthy person i.e. digestive, nervous, respiratory, circulatory, and excretory systems smoothly.
do their work with
10. The teeth of a healthy person are clean, shiny, and strong like pearls.
Rules of health Humans should follow the following rules for good health.
1. One should wake up early in the morning and sleep early at night.
2. The body should be cleaned daily.
3. Exercise should be done regularly.
4. One should walk in the open field every morning.
5. Nutritious and balanced diet should be taken daily.
6. The body should be protected from heat and cold.
7. Breathing should always be done through the nose.
8. Bath should be taken with cold water daily.
9. Beedi, cigarettes, opium, gutkha, alcohol, etc. should not be consumed.
10. One should take proper rest when tired.
11. For good health, one should be free from stress and anxiety.
12. Light and minimal clothes should be worn while sleeping.
13. Asanas and Pranayama should be done daily.
14. Should always be happy.
15. Should sleep in good deep sleep.
16. Clean and neat clothes should be worn according to the season.
Influencing Factors of Health
The following are the major factors affecting physical health:-
1. Balanced Diet – Food has a deep connection with health, it is very important to have a nutritious and balanced diet for good health.
A balanced diet refers to such food, in which essential nutrients-carbohydrates, fats, proteins, mineral salts, vitamins, and water are present in proper proportion.
A balanced diet is necessary for the growth and development of the body, and an unbalanced diet causes many diseases in the body, which affect physical health.
2. Lifestyle and Routine A person’s lifestyle and routine also have a deep impact on health, the regular routine of a person has a favorable effect on his health. To stay healthy, a person should always be active. A lazy person can never be healthy.
3. Exercise Regular exercise also has a great impact on health. By exercising regularly, the muscles of the body become strong.
Exercise makes all the parts of the body strong and laziness goes away. Digestive power increases by doing exercise, and the body gets energy and dynamism. Therefore, to stay healthy one should exercise regularly.
4. Use of intoxicants- Intoxicants have a bad effect on health. Beedi, cigarettes, tobacco, gutka, bhang, charas, ganja, alcohol, and other intoxicants are injurious to health. By using these, cancer in the body and T.V. Like deadly diseases arise.
5. Physical Hygiene- Physical hygiene also has a great impact on health. Physical hygiene is also necessary to keep the body healthy. Therefore, different parts of the body such as the nose, ears, teeth, and hair should be cleaned. regularization of skin, etc.
6. Sleep and rest- Along with exercise and activity, proper sleep and rest are also important to keep the body healthy. The body feels tired after working for a long time.
The organs and senses of the body get rest through sleep and rest, due to which the body becomes energetic again. Health gets spoiled if you don’t get proper sleep.
7. Heredity- Heredity also has a profound effect on health. At the time of pregnancy, many types of deficiencies and diseases in the mother’s body have an adverse effect on the future child and physically healthy parents give birth to a healthy child, with which the power to fight against many types of external diseases is innate.
8. Environment- The environment also has a great impact on health. A clean and suitable environment has a favorable effect on health and a polluted and unsuitable environment has an adverse effect on health.
9. Infectious diseases also have a greater impact on health. The germs of infectious diseases show their effect quickly on children, due to which their health deteriorates.
10. Entertainment- Entertainment is also necessary for life for good health. Recreational activities have a favorable effect on the health of the child. Entertainment brings energy, and the body becomes energetic again.
Diseases are very dangerous for good health. Therefore, it is very important to know the causes, symptoms, and treatment of diseases. Some of the major diseases are as follows-
1. Tuberculosis (T.B.) – Tuberculosis is a deadly infectious disease, the body of the person suffering from this disease slowly decays, hence it is called tuberculosis.
Earlier it was believed that this disease happens only to rich people and kings, hence it is also called Rajyakshma disease. Tuberculosis is of four types-
(i) Tuberculosis of the lungs In this the bacterium exerts its effect on the lungs, due to which the patient has difficulty in breathing, in this type of tuberculosis blood starts coming along with phlegm.
(ii) Intestinal tuberculosis In this the bacteria affects the mucous membrane of the intestines. Due to a wound in the intestines, slowly blood starts coming along with the stool.
(iii) Tuberculosis of the bones – In this the bacteria affect the bones. Bones become weak. (iv) Mumps Tuberculosis- In this, a garland of knots is formed all around the patient’s neck, and pus starts falling in them. Knots start coming out in the side too.
Reason for the spread of the disease This disease is spread by a small bacterium, which is called Microbacillus Tuberculosis. This bacterium multiplies very quickly in filth. Tuberculosis spreads due to the following reasons-
1. There is a lack of pure air.
2. Lack of nutritious food.
3. A healthy person lives near a tuberculosis patient.
4. Due to excessive hard work and consumption of drugs.
5. Coughing, or sneezing of a sick person spreads the bacteria in the environment, due to which the healthy person becomes a victim of it goes.
6. A healthy person remains mentally worried.